Starplex® EP 2 greases are water resistant, extreme pressure, heavy duty chassis and wheel bearing greases.
Starplex EP 2 greases deliver value through:
- Good water resistance — Good resistance to wash out of bearings.
- Good rust and corrosion protection, even in wet conditions.
- Extreme pressure protection.
- Protection against shock loading, thus promoting long bearing life.
- Outstanding film strength and adhesive properties.
- Good low temperature pumpability — Easy handling in the container and grease dispensing equipment.
Starplex EP 2 greases are water resistant, extreme pressure, heavy duty chassis and wheel bearing greases.
Starplex EP 2 greases are manufactured using highly refined, select high viscosity index base oils, and a lithium complex soap.
Starplex EP 2 greases are available in two grades:
- NLGI grade 1 for easy pumpability at low ambient temperatures
- NLGI grade 2 for use in normal ambient temperatures
Starplex EP 2 greases are formulated to:
- Protect bearings and other metal surfaces from corrosion when exposed to wet conditions.
- Resist water. These greases strongly resist being washed out of bearings.
- Retain their consistency under a wide range of service conditions.
- Provide outstanding film strength and adhesive properties. As a result, Starplex EP greases are particularly effective in providing low wear in shock load service.
- Operate effectively over a wide temperature range.
Starplex EP 2 greases are recommended for:
- use in the lubrication of trucks, tractors, and passenger cars. This includes ball joints, universal joints, chassis points, wheel bearings, water pumps, and fifth wheels.
- boat trailer wheel bearings
- high temperature disc brake bearing applications
Starplex EP 2 greases are approved for the NLGI Certification Mark GCLB.
NLGI grades 1 and 2 are registered by NSF and are acceptable as a lubricant where there is no possibility of food contact (H2) in and around food processing areas. The NSF Nonfood Compounds Registration Program is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements of appropriate use, ingredient review and labeling verifica