Chevron Heat Transfer Oils ISO 46 are mineral oil-type transfer oils for use in heat transfer systems with forced circulation.
Chevron Heat Transfer Oils are recommended for use in heat transfer systems where fuel oil, gas, or electricity is used to heat a fluid, which then transfers the heat to the point of application.
In closed, forced circulation systems equipped with expansion tanks, Chevron Heat Transfer Oil Grade 22 can be used with bulk oil temperatures up to 316°C (600°F) and skin temperatures up to 343°C (650°F) where good thermal stability and pumpability are required. Chevron Heat Transfer Oil Grade 22 is also ideal where high heat transfer rates combine with high flow rates, and for systems where repeated heating and cooling cycles are required.
In closed or open systems with forced circulation, Chevron Heat Transfer Oil Grade 46 can be used where bulk oil temperatures do not exceed 288°C (550°F) and skin temperatures may be as high as 316°C (600°F). The oil surface in contact with air in open systems should not exceed 107°C (225°F).
Copper and copper alloys should not be used in heat transfer systems with a hydrocarbon fluid unless air (oxygen) is excluded from contact with the fluid by hermetic sealing and/or an inert gas “blanket.”
Chevron Heat Transfer Oils deliver value through:
- Excellent thermal efficiency and stability — Helps ensure long oil life through outstanding thermal and oxidation stability which helps prevent sludging or deposit formation inside piping.
- Good rust and corrosion protection — Help prevent rusting or corrosive problems in circulating oil system.
- Excellent performance at temperature extremes — Outstanding thermal stability helps assure minimal thermal cracking at high temperatures or in repeated cycling from low to high temperatures.
- Ease of pumping and circulation — Excellent stability helps assure minimal oxidation and helps prevent sludging or deposit formation inside piping.
- Minimized makeup oil — Low vapor pressure combined with low volatility and high flash point means minimum evaporative loss.
Chevron Heat Transfer Oils are mineral-type transfer oils for use in secondary or indirect heating systems.
They are formulated with premium base oil technology.
Chevron Heat Transfer Oils are noncorrosive, low odor level, excellent seal compatibility fluids that can absorb heat quickly and transport it to the material or fluid requiring heat