Meropa gear lubricants deliver value through:
- Gear set efficiencies — High thermal stability EP system helps maintain clean gear and bearing surfaces, minimizing deposits which interfere with effective lubrication. High oxidation stability limits in-service viscosity increases, which can lead to energy losses.
- Long equipment life — Effective EP system forms a protective film in areas of metal-to-metal contact, minimizing wear rates and maintaining efficient transfer of power. Good water separation and effective rust inhibitors protect surfaces against rust and corrosion. High thermal stability additive system minimizes the formation of high temperature compounds which can be corrosive to bearing materials. The effective corrosion inhibitor provides additional protection for metal components.
- Long oil life — Effective oxidation inhibitors and copper passivator minimize oil oxidation, limiting viscosity increase and promoting long drain intervals.
Meropa gear lubricants are high performance, multipurpose gear lubricants designed for many types of industrial gear lubrication services where loads and shock loadings are high.
Meropa gear lubricants are recommended for:
- industrial enclosed gearing where an AGMA extreme pressure lubricant is specified
- bath, splash, circulating, or spray mist lubrication as applicable to the proper viscosity grade
- general industrial plant lubrication where the performance properties of an AGMA extreme pressure lubricant is required
Meropa gear lubricants meet the requirements of:
- AGMA EP 9005-E02 (ISO 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460, 680, 1000, 1500)
- DIN 51517-3 (CLP) • MAG Cincinnati, Cincinnati Machine P-63 (ISO 68), P-76 (ISO 100), P-77 (ISO 150), P-74 (ISO 220), P-59 (ISO 320), P-35 (ISO 460), P-78 (ISO 1000)
- U.S. Steel 224 Specification (ISO 220, 320, 460, 680)