Meropa® XL 150 gear oils are premium high performance synthetic blend gear oils, offering long lubricant life, excellent wear protection with high load carrying capacity and robust micropitting wear protection. They are designed for use in industrial and marine gear systems, where extreme load and shock load protection is required.
Meropa XL gear oils deliver value through:
- Provides thermal and oxidative stability — The thermal and oxidative stability of Meropa XL minimizes deposit formation and can extend bearing and gear life. Excellent resistance to oil degradation at high temperatures, resulting in extended oil life and long drain intervals.
- Extended gear and bearing life — Particularly effective in enclosed gear drives operating under extreme load, speed, and temperature conditions.
- Less wear — Ensures optimum wear protection with reduced maintenance and increased system uptime.
- Provides micropitting resistance — Delivers maximum micropitting and wear protection with reduced maintenance and increased system uptime. Approved by Siemens MD and Rev. 15 (FLENDER) for helical, bevel and planetary gear units. Micropitting performance is a key component in the Siemens MD approval.
- Keeps components clean — Advanced additive technology helps prevent varnish and sludge and keeps components clean. Clean components can contribute to long lubricant and equipment life.
- Water separation — Excellent demulsibility and corrosion protection for trouble-free operation in applications where water contamination is unavoidable.
Meropa XL gear oils are designed to ensure trouble-free performance in today’s smaller, lighter and more energy efficient industrial gear systems. The robust chemistry is compatible with multiple types of sealant and paint coatings, and helps to minimize the possibility of leaking seals and paint blistering on the inside of the gearbox. Competitive products with overaggressive chemistries will attack the paint coatings and cause filter plugging.
Meropa XL gear oils are recommended for:
- industrial enclosed gearing where an AGMA EP lubricant is specified
- bath, splash, circulating, or spray mist lubrication as applicable to the proper viscosity grade
- marine gearboxes requiring an extreme pressure lubricant