Chevron Open Gear Grease is an open gear grease formulated with high viscosity mineral oils in a nonsoap-based thickener typically used in chain and open gear lubricant applications.
Chevron Open Gear Grease delivers value through:
- Low environmental impact — Does not contain a diluent.
- Long equipment life — High film strength provides excellent antiwear protection to gear teeth under high, shock load conditions.
- Minimizes operating cost — Long lasting lubrication film minimizes frequency of repeated application and, therefore, overall volume of lubricant used.
Chevron Open Gear Grease is formulated with high viscosity mineral oils in a nonsoap-based thickener. This grease appears brownish-black and is extremely tacky.
Chevron Open Gear Grease is recommended:
- For many open gears in industrial, mining, construction, and marine equipment.
- For chain and sprocket lubrication.
- As a tenacious fifth wheel lubricant.